Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Coming back to life..!

Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but
Irresistible pas-time
I took a heavenly ride through one silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

- Pink Floyd..

This somewhat narrates my past few months..! But I don't want to remember that any more.

I am "coming back to life"..!! It is true that everyone goes through the dip of the sine wave, and sometimes it is hard to come back out of it. But that's when your true friends shine like a ray of light in the absolute darkness.

After a brief period of pause I am back to dreaming and pursuing those dreams with endless optimism. And oh I so love this new pursuit of mine. And there is something Prof Randy Pausch (CMU) said during his Last Lecture that struck me hard.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." - Prof Randy Pausch

Immediately I established an analogy with the first law of thermodynamics. Your efforts are never going to go in vein. It will be useful somewhere or the other.

What I have learnt in this period is that there are decisions to make every moment of your life. I can take each decision very carefully, or be more instinctive and follow my heart. While I may increase success ratio by being careful, I might end up spending a lot of resources in rent seeking. So I have decided to do what I "feel" is right, irrespective of what common belief is. And I "feel" I am doing the right thing.

No comments: