Saturday, July 28, 2007

Is the world becoming more eventful or I have been ignorant

ibnlive.com, time.com, moneycontrol.com.... these seems like a part of my life now. From the point where I cared least what is happening in the world to a point where these websites became part of my daily routine. I think about it and seems my questions is answered - Is the world becoming more eventful or I have been ignorant? Its not an exclusive or question. And this is an important condition to state. Becasue I think both or then are true. The world is becoming more and more eventful and my ignorance adds to the frenzy.

Presidential election '08 campaign is making lot of headlines. In business Barclay's bid for ABN Amro and Tata and M&M's fight for Jaguar and Land Rover is interesting enough to keep a watch on. At the same time debate on sex education is everywhere on news channels. Also the Indo-US Nuke deal, in its final stage of acceptance, is keeping the nations excited. After official election of Mrs Pratibha Patil as first lady president of India and Indian doctor Haneef's case cooling off there isn't much to talk about politics. Between all these, somewhere in the corner is news about Indian Cricket Team's England tour, which is not getting much air time thanks to deliberate ignores by India media after disastrous performance in ICC Cricket World Cup 2007. Much hyped Apple's iPhone also seems to have cleared from the news. But the results of its sales are making news in business and markets, pulling Apple Inc's stock down by approx $9 in a day..! Situation in Pakistan and Iraq continuous to be unstable, though because of very different reasons. And after much much awaited release of Harry Potter movie, it seems to be completely out of news. And the list goes on and on...

Looking at all these events and news I came across during last week, I realize how ignorant I have been in the past. But good part is I ain't anymore.

Interestingly enough, I could keep track of all these "sensetional" news items during one of the worst's weeks of my life since I came to US. But I would not talk about it and make my weekend also bad. But knowing what's going on in the worlds seems very fulfilling.

So basically, I learn that I should clear the fog of ignorance more and more to make the "picture" clear.

1 comment:

Vidisha Shah said...

Hey Ruchir...nice piece of writing...keep writing...