Saturday, May 12, 2007

Starting off finally....

There are things that we know are true, are good, are useful and there is no reason for refusing or denying its goodness. But still mysteriously we sometimes don't do it. Without any reason for not doing so... For me one such thing is writing a blog or personal diary or personal notes. But I have decided.... No more...

Well, so with that I am starting to write today and hopefully this doesn't become another of the many activities that I start doing enthusiastically and end up forgetting about it.

While creating the blog I was asked to give a caption for it and I thought about many different options. I wanted to give something that represents "me". Something that I can very well associate with any moment. Finally I decided on the template of statements that I tell my self most often. "I Learn....". I don't know from where it started and how did I pick that up... This might sound something like I am very studious or something like that. But no. Actually I never much liked reading books to "learn" things... Rather I always believed in practical approach. Not sure this is good or bad, but that's how I prefer. In fact, the reason behind the caption is that, I have this habit of always telling myself "I Learn that......", on any event or occasion, and then try to complete the statement. And today "I Learn" that it has really been very useful so far.

As I said, I don't recall from when I picked this up, but probably, it was from many nice human beings around me who kept telling me when I was teen, that there is always something to learn from everything in this world.

OK, any observations till now?? Its all "I" and "Me" till this point. And that describes another part of "Myself". My talk are usually very self-centered. But I would hesitate from calling my self introvert or egocentric as I do like to live between people and care for them and help them. But when it comes to talking its usually all "I".

But there is another side to it, when I talk about "talking" it here, its talking with people whom I trust, I care and I love. In all other cases, there is much less talking and that too not about "I". This is because I don't prefer to let everyone know "Who I am". Rather I would say even people closest to me also don't know "me" much. I can say I am too secretive about self.

Doesn't all that sound ironic. I say that my talks are all about me and still people don't know me. That sounds weird. I am yet to resolve that puzzle. Till then, I would say I am still confused about myself and even I don't know myself enough...!!! Huh... Too much secrecy. :)

Anyway all that was too serious and boring. Now about the fun part. Well I guess I'll put it in a separate segment.

1 comment:

Vidisha Shah said...

Hi...

I cant believe its written by Ruchir..

First reaason is i think i know him very well...So hats conflicting with what he worte...n I dont agree for that 'me' syndrom...I rather feel Ruch is gud listener..n shud suffer from 'you' syndrom rather..

Introvert i wont believe at all..

I think if I keep on writing then this comment shud be posted as anothe blog!!!